Sunday, September 18, 2016

1101-05 Our Passions! (Part 2)

Finally!! The much anticipated Part 2...



At this point in my life I have been driven and focused on building a Brangus herd…I also feel a connection with the cows I have been raising and training throughout the past few years.  I find it interesting how each animal has their own personality, for which I have to adjust my training methods to accomplish my goals.  As I have grown with the Brangus industry I have discovered how important my career choice is to the farmers. ~~ Anonymous 
 


For as long as I can remember, I’ve always had an interest in the kitchen… I was drawn to cooking channels on TV and recipes online at a very young age, and began experimenting with my mother as well. I would try to gain as much knowledge about anything related to cooking or baking, whether it was in my grandmother’s kitchen around the holidays or in my science classes later in school. 



By the time I was in fifth grade I was baking cookies and other sweets from scratch by myself, and I was quite proud of it. My friends and families were extremely supportive, and many told me I could easily run a business off of the pastries and goods I was making.  I always thought it was an impossible goal, so it remained as a dream in the back of my mind of something that I wish was realistic. Eventually, I realized that it is more than possible and began to pursue my culinary dream by starting at Marion Technical Institute in the Culinary Arts &Baking Academy during my junior year in high school.  ~~ Anonymous


My passion is that of scuba diving in Hawaii at night with manta rays swimming overhead and coral reefs glowing with vibrant colors. My passion is surfing at sunrise at the shark bite capital of the world, feeling the warm embrace of the sun cresting the edge of the cool Atlantic Ocean, the waves pushing me as I sit back on my
surfboard. My passion is the rush of adrenaline as I speed through the woods on my dirt bike, as fast as it will go, trees whizzing by me, inches from certain death. My passion is the intense suspense of the needle on my speedometer, when I finally
got to 150mph on a two lane road at midnight in my Mustang GT. My passion is the smile of my girlfriend's face when she sees me, the feeling of being yearned for and needed in someone's life. ~~ Austin Lowry

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous,
    Hello, fellow animal lover! Thank you for picking cows as your topic. They don't get enough attention. What made you choose Brangus cows, specifically? Have you considered becoming a vegetarian? The reason I ask is because you talk about your love for them, how you like how each animal has their own personality (which we agree on).
    -Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,
    Your post on cooking was really, really great. What a cool thing, how a shared family experience helped shaped your future career! I would really like a post from you about making a grocery list, because cooking is fun until it comes time to budget for the things you want to cook. Do you still use Google to plan for meals, or do you have enough cooking knowledge that you can just create recipes in your head? Thanks for helping inspire me in the ways of cooking.
    -Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austin,
    Your post is most head scratching, but in a good way. I wouldn't have considered passion between significant others. Bonus points for the pun there, haha. I like your usage of descriptive details. Congrats on a blog post comprised of 5 sentences.
    -Summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your passion scuba diving seem fun. The rush of being wiped out by waves can seem scary. trail riding is also very fun. Some day I plan to go scuba diving and enjoying the experience.

    Terry Crosby 1101-10

    ReplyDelete