Sunday, September 18, 2016

1101-14 Our Passions! (Part 2)

Finally!! The much anticipated Part 2...


My passion in life is wakeboarding, and I am relatively good at it. I have been wakeboarding for about a two years now. There is something about being on the water with the wind in your face that just gives me such a adrenaline rush, the thought of being thrown off the wake at any time just makes my body get goosebumps. 

It took my about 22 times to finally be able to stand up on the board then I would ride for about 30-45 seconds and fall, I kept getting so frustrated with my self and the board and would blame the board for my screw ups, then eventually I got to the point where I would calm down before my attempt and would be able to ride for a five minutes then I started trying different tricks such as switching feet and being able to jump the wake and now I am able to tantrum roll with ease and it is the most incredible feeling in the entire would. It helped me get over a break up because it took my mind off everything it was only me and the water and me faceplanting it all the time.  -- Austin R.


What is my passion? What fascinates me? What do I love to do? What is captivating to me right now? Well… there’s an amazing spectrum of things that I can say that I love to do. But there are a couple of things that will forever have my heart and soul and will always be a part of who I am. 

First, I love singing, especially to music in Spanish, which my husband cannot understand. And I adore the fact that he is sweet enough to dance with me with his two left feet and repeat whatever it is I’m singing even though he has no idea what he’s saying; it’s amazing. 

Part of that singing passion includes dancing, I can dance to anything, anywhere, with anyone, and not be ashamed of it and love every second of it. It makes me feel alive, happy, like I have no cares in the world even when I feel like it may be crumbling on me. 

I honestly don’t know if it has something to do with where I am from, because Puerto Rican culture is very musical, and we’re very welcoming to one another when it comes to dancing and singing. That’s something else that simply reaches the bottom of my soul and brings out the real me, the love I have for my home, Puerto Rico. I can talk about my island all day. I can talk about our people, our food, our native music called "Bomba" and "Plena," about how it doesn’t matter what time it is you can always pack up and go to the beautiful beach (without having to worry about shark attacks), or go to the rainforest and walk around barefoot and feel the soft mud in between your toes
without having to worry about venomous snakes, spiders, nothing… Just enjoy yourself with nature. I haven’t stepped foot back home since 2013 and every day I think about it and I get homesick. Hopefully soon I will be able to go and feel our rainforest around me, sing, and dance to ‘Salsa’ all night with my husband without a care in the world for that one moment. --  Genesis B.  
 

1 comment:

  1. genesis, that was a great post. i enjoyed reading about your passion. i could really tell while reading this that you are real passionate about this. a great descriptive blog. -Carlos Garcia

    ReplyDelete