Thursday, December 29, 2016

Visualizing The Smokey Mountains


by Vanessa Reyna

As you feel the breeze grazing across your nose, leaves are swaying and riding along the same path you feel the wind moving. The colors of the leaves are different shades of bright and dark greens, the same color as these mountains. In front of you there are tall vast mountains that stack one upon another in different shapes and sizes. Some are so tall they start to disappear in the puffy white clouds above them. By the looks of how tall they are -- why they seem they are halfway to the sun! 

Flying through the mountains picture several flocks of black birds moving gracefully towards the east side of where we are standing. I know it is spring time, but it gets pretty cold here. Looking up the mountains you can see strips of white ice left over from yesterday’s drizzle of rain. Right below the mountains there is a small river that is conjoined by smaller streams of water coming from the lower parts of the mountains. The river is moving calmly right now, since there is only a breeze, and the water is pretty low. 


We are ways up on top of this scene, just far enough on top to where we are level enough to see the mountains as if it were a painting right in front of us. This beautiful sight is a sight to remember. 

Don’t just remember what I am explaining, but remember the feeling of the breeze across your nose and fingertips as you grasp on to the metal bar right in front of you that separates us from this scenery, remember the sound of my voice as I am describing the picture we are standing in front of, and feel the rhythm of the chirping from the birds that flew east. This way you won’t just have a picture to look back on, you will have a memory to hold on to—the memory of the Smokey Mountains.

2 comments:

  1. I found this synopsis of the Smokey Mountains to be quite accurate. I have been to Tennessee many times and this post takes me right back. This mountain range is one of my favorite places to visit when I have a chance to get away. All of the sights and sounds listed are all of the reasons needed to validate a visit to this beautiful mountain range. Thank you for a chance to revisit without the trip north on I75.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this blog post took me back to when my family and I rented a cabin in the Smokey Mountains. It brought back so many memories. I loved climbing the mountains with the breeze in my face and seeing the beautiful view. When I climed to the top of the mountain I felt alone and unstoppable. --Kaitlyn Watson

    ReplyDelete