Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Supernatural Stole My Life

by Summer L.

Being an Indigo Child1in this modern concrete age isn’t always the easiest thing, but it’s definitely something to be passionate about, or even celebrate. Similar to caring for a flower, one must cater to the needs and requirements of being moon-called. Luckily for me, I am not reliant on others to recharge my batteries. No, it’s the fairies in the garden, the whisper of the wind, and the smiles of flowers that aid in my psychedelic survival. 

Unchained from the contemporary mindset of our generation, there is elation to be found in the simplest of things. Sunshine, moon light, rainbows, and flowers growing in between the slats of asphalt are little miracles that will forevermore elicit a smile. The positive, productive energy the earth provides zings across my skin like a livewire, or a companionable kiss. Clouds in the sky stop by for a quick “hello." Water nymphs dance and play in rain puddles whilst waving as I pass by. Forest trees offer perpetual hugs. Rain falls, temporarily washing away the effects of man until the next shower.

You will find me there, dancing blissfully in the rain, rejoicing in our joint cause. Come nightfall, the stars beck and call to me until they switch to singing a goodnight lullaby upon the moon’s sweet command. She and I are always in touch with one another, always celebrating the other’s existence. Together, we live in symbiosis with all the other fairies, wildflowers, and creatures of all kinds-even the shapeshifters and wandering spirits. Together, we bring love, passion, and fascination back to the otherworldly beings such as ourselves.

Indigo Child: one who possesses supernatural abilities and is separated from other individuals by a different wavelength of thinking


4 comments:

  1. This was a beautiful description of an Indigo Child. The sentence about not needing others to recharge your battery was very powerful and set the tone for the writing. I love the imagery and figurative language used and how it made me feel like was a part of the story. The message I got from this piece is how important it is to be yourself and to be free.

    Kaylee Davis
    ENC1101-10

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I can completely agree with the idea that our society is one of productivity and materialism. We live in a society that has made incredible advances in sophistication and technology, but has gone backwards in keeping up with the spirit; what's on the inside. We make our money, we buy our toys, but god forbid we try and build ourselves up from the inside. If it doesn't make a concrete impact on yourself or those around you, it's useless. It's very refreshing to read such a spiritually-fueled post.

    Jose Rivera, ENC1101-10

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this The most because I was able to see and feel the authors passion about being and indigo child. The personification The author gives nature is breathtaking. When I was reading the article I felt like I was in a dream or some type of utopian world. The word choices even matched the peaceful mood it almost feels like a story a mother will read to its child ,Very Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great description of being an indigo child. i love the way this post was written.it had a great rhythm of words and was very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete